Toronto and Peel Region to move into 'lockdown' Monday
Toronto and Peel Region are moving into "lockdown" on Monday as Ontario tries to curb a steep rise in COVID-19 cases, Premier Ford announced on Friday afternoon.
- No indoor gatherings with anyone outside a person's household.
- Individuals who live alone can have close contact with one other household.
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to 10 people.
- Restaurants are limited to take-out, drive-through and delivery only.
- Religious services and weddings are limited to 10 people indoors or 10 people outdoors.
- Gyms are closed.
Non-essential retail and malls are limited to curbside pickup or delivery only.
Meanwhile, Durham and Waterloo regions are moving into the red "control" zones. Huron-Perth, Niagara, Simcoe-Muskoka, southwestern Ontario, and Windsor are moving to the orange zone.
The measures come as Ontario reports 1,418 more cases of COVID-19. The province reports that eight more people with COVID-19 have died, bringing the official death toll to 3,451. So far this month, 315 people have died of COVID-19 in Ontario.